Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day/Age of Aquarius

My mom, who passed away this past summer, use to play alot of music from the 50's and 60's. This Fifth Dimension song is one I remember well.
On Feb 14, the planets were lined up like the song, and an astrological chart was drawn up to reflect a time of spiritual transformation and relationships.
Now whether you beleive in this stuff or not, won't matter because regardless it was in the sky and that is fact. And that is cool.
I have a special soap I will be stocking to honor this planetary alignment. This will be at Random Eclipse on the 22nd of February. This soap will honor the 4 elements, the 7 chakra's and the flowers, earth, trees, resins, herbs, leaves and an elixir of amethyst.

Besides this special alignment, it was also Valentines Day, a time to show those you love some honor.
I must confess, V-day was never very special as an adult woman, as my 2 marriage partners over the years never celebrated it so it became another day.
This year I was on my own. And ya know what.....I celebrated!
My son and I went to see Schuyler Fisk and Ben Taylor in concert.
I donned myself with a very special necklace and earrings set from Greenlees Forest I have the Hold necklace. It is very special to me!

I had first heard Schuyler on My Space and her song Dont forget you love me, was my theme song for the My space page I had. I love her mellow folk style, however I must say SHE WAS ROCKIN.
I video clipped a small mellow part of that song I was just referencing.


After a short intermission, and a couple red stripes later, Ben arrived on stage. Ben is the son of famous father James Taylor and famous mother Carly Simon. Talk about soem serious musical genes! Ben was simply fun, had us laughing throughout the show and his music was a little folky, with some blues mixed in.
Here is a video clip of the last song of the set, again something really mellow and his band had walked off stage by then.


I dont know if it is acceptable to film anyone performing, so I got these brief clips to show the kids at home, just what we were up to on Valentines day.

And to encourage you all that if these musicians come to your town, lift yourself up outta cabin fever and go see em. You will really have a great time.


My son and I had a wonderful time! A great way to spend a Valentine's eve when neither of us had a valentine to share it with. This is my second oldest child....I have to laugh at how he towers over me.



Thanks for sharing this day with me and a HUGE thanks to the various people that took time to wish me love on this day, knowing I was alone. I was overshaddowed with love from you and it sure made me feel good!

Let the SUNSHINE IN!




When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius
The Age of Aquarius
Aquarius! Aquarius!

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation
Aquarius! Aquarius!

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius
The Age of Aquarius
Aquarius! Aquarius!

Let the sun shine, Let the sun shine in

3 comments:

lori said...

aw i can't watch the videos because it says they are set as private. which is a shame because i love ben taylor (though i've never seen him live) and wanted to hear what schuyler sounds like.

Anonymous said...

KR - Emily here, it wont let me see the video's. They're set to private. It says you can show them as a friend on youtube, I'm tisme1978 on there :)

Growing in the Green said...

Oh gosh-I just changed it. I had no idea that you could not see them from my blog. I could see them so I thought all was well...lol

Well i see that you tube knows my IP I guess, so it will let me see them.
I will remember that next time.
Thank you. You should be able to see them now.